|How to Pronounce 22|
|Duration||1 min 41 sec|
|Published||2nd Sept '13|
22 lasts for 1 minute and 41 seconds. For the first 1 minute and 26 seconds, The Announcer makes the following speech (a.k.a. the 22 speech), after which there are 15 seconds of silence until the end:
- "The colour of the van as it pulls into the loading zone, is white. And the dress the she has on as she enters the van is white. The man driving the van is French. And I am exhausted from the flight.
- The van pulls away from the loading zone, and the sun rises, and the van merges onto the highway. We are too anxious to sleep, and the driver offers us fruit, which we eat in silence. We experience the pleasure of a new landscape.
- We are tourists. We are visiting friends. We are curious about the region’s imports and exports. The roads fills up as the sun rises, and the population goes to work. A store opens. A magazine is published.
- She surprises the driver with her French, and the two of them discuss something we cannot understand, except for the occasional familiar words. Los Angeles. Sandwich. Weekend. Data.
- The air conditioner is loud. And the vent above me is loose. It is vibrating, but I cannot push it back into place. I hear laughter from the front. And I look at the city as we leave the city.
- Something is going to happen in 22 days."
- "We are tourists. We are visiting friends. We are curious about the region's imports and exports" sounds like the announcer is trying to justify something he knows is morally wrong to be right. The announcer has expressed concern to what "would happen to [the] country and it's economy if [they] won" (this was mentioned as one of the mysteries, this being mystery number 9). However, this is only speculation, and not proof of anything, and the city mentioned in the 9th mystery video may not be the same city mentioned in the 22 video.