|How to Pronounce 57|
|Published||29th Jul '13|
58 lasts for 24 seconds. For the first 9 The Announcer says the following, after which there are 15 seconds of silence: "A delicate pairing, is a heartbreaker. Something is going to happen in 57 days."
- It has been suggested that the "pairing" referred to may be a pairing of a particular wine with a particular food. Previous PB videos have referenced culinary pairings:
- It's possible that the countdown videos are following the same mattern as the videos he was posting right after he stopped making the one word videos. These videos seemed to all mixed up and appeared to be telling a story about a few different events. Some of these were about dinner parties and others about ordering a meal. If the pairing is referencing food then it is possible that the countdown videos are either trying to have people pay more attention to those videos or is suggesting that their are multiple stories in the countdown videos as well.
- Pairing is a word used in the computer and telephony industries, I think it usually refers to the physical/network connection between certain devices. So “A delicate pairing...” could refer to a limited, easily broken or interrupted connection. Because of the situation the speaker is/was in that connection was heartbreaking...bad, made him sad, etc., etc. Maybe he found her system but is unable to establish the needed connection, or established it and it was lost again. However, the ‘...’ could indicate that he’s being a sarcastic douche and doesn’t really think that it’s a heartbreaker.
- 'A delicate pairing' may also be referring to the speaker and the unnamed woman which the speaker has a relationship with. So, perhaps the sentence may mean the literal: the two of them.
- One of the career science books, The TruePair Job Matrix: Optimal Pairing Through Career Science, describes the compatibility of couples as high or low risk based on their jobs & pasttimes. The high-risk couples could be described as "delicate pairings", and so it is most likely that the video is referencing one of the high-risk couples alluded to in this book (e.g. PB & Nicole).